Whether you’re a non-profit, startup, small business, or even just an individual promoting a product or service or just someone who has something to say, it’s likely you don’t have a huge marketing budget. However, the emergence of social media has allowed even the smallest ideas or businesses to garner big attention quickly and with broad audiences!
Social media has changed the game. Gone of the days of needing massive advertising budgets or a team of market researchers to identify a few major audiences that your business or organization should and can be targeting.
Once you’ve identified your key target audiences — this may mean defining them by age, gender, location, or general interests and hobbies — you can utilize this information to craft your social media posts geared towards these specific demographics.
Here are a some tips to enhance your social media in just a few easy steps:
- Project management tools like Asana can help you stay organized and create a detailed schedule for posts. This can help you stay on top of deadlines, plan out future campaigns, and collaborate with coworkers to meet your goals and increase your presence on social media!
- Hootsuite and other scheduling tools are helpful because they allow you to schedule your posts daily at optimal times, without having to be by your computer. This allows you to ensure you’re being consistent with your posts even while managing a busy schedule.
- Set a small advertising budget for promotions like Facebook and Instagram boosted posts. For as little as $1 a day you can reach hundreds if not thousands of potential clients and followers. With the help of the targeted ad tools on Facebook, you can ensure your return on investment by selecting only people in your targeted demographic.
- Tools like Canva.com can help give your posts a professionally designed look and feel even if you don’t have a graphic designer at your disposal. Thanks to design tools like Canva, you don’t have to have to be experienced in Photoshop of have years of graphic design training to add simple details to your posts to make them stand out. This can mean adding a line of text, a logo overlay, or just a fun border on your images.
- Tag other companies and use #hashtags when appropriate on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Tagging companies that you mention in your post, as well as using hashtags on Twitter and Instagram increases the reach of your post by adding it to topics and keywords that are trending. This all increases the likelihood that your posts may be seen by audiences that may not currently follow you or even shared by “influencers” who have a larger audience.
- Follow viral trends by incorporating the latest internet sensations in your social media. This may mean taking part in a viral dance craze, using a meme, or referencing pop culture when appropriate. Think ice bucket challenge.
Using just a few of these suggestions, you’ll be well on your way to reaching your digital marketing goals and expanding your audience reach!
We love providing our followers with expert tips like this, so share the love and tag us in your posts when you use any of the above pointers!